Sunday, July 19, 2009

My start...

So, amongst all the randomness of my life, I have decided to try blogging. You always hear and read of these people who have the most profound things to say, even some that change your life just by what they feel or know that God is doing in their life. I admire those bloggers. So, here is my shot at profoundness. Shall we enter into my life? It's one that's entertaining, random, and quite complex, but only because I make it that way. Some would say I put too much pressure on myself, but I am currently in route of going with the flow, enjoying life day by day- and this balance comes from one who completes me. My life is in the midst of transition and I am someone who does not deal well with change. I like things the way I like them and I can be too stubborn to let things be different, but I am effortfully making a choice to surrender my will, my ways to my Savior. This does not come naturally, but what really does? Jesus Christ is THE most important thing in my life. I choose Him daily, and even that choice does not come naturally on some days, even though some would think it should. Choosing to serve the Lord is a discipline that is learned and requires maintaining for any spiritual formation to exist. I'm far from perfect, even though I am a preacher's kid!
In the midst of trying to make my life more complex than it already is...here is my thought for the night. How can someone love you so much that it leaves them completely vulnerable? How is it possible for someone to love you so much that it is merely impossible for them to point out your flaws (even though you could name a million) and for them to see you for everything you've always wanted to see yourself as? I am blessed. I know that I am blessed. I need to tell myself that I know that I am blessed. One of the most valuable aspects of our lives are our relationships. A glimpse of Christ's love for me is symbolized through the love I feel from the people that are in my life. I am reminded of the verse in Luke that says, "Nothing is impossible for God." I feel like God makes it possible for someone to love me so much because they are allowing Him to love through them. Tomorrow is a new day and my new thought is how I can show love to people around me, yes, even to those who are deemed as unlovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment